The International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE) is a leading global membership organization for open, distance, flexible and online education, including e-learning, and draws its membership from institutions, educational authorities, commercial actors, and individuals. ICDE has consultative partner status with UNESCO and shares UNESCO’s key value – the universal right to education for all.
- Enabling change to technology enhanced quality education across the globe.
- Advocating for access, equity and quality learning through online, open and flexible learning.
- A dynamic platform for cooperation on innovation and development, featuring key regional actors and leading experts.
- Access to thousands of higher education institutions, networks and systems.
- A key partner for UNESCO.
- Part-funded by the Government of Norway.
Visit http://icde.org/ for more information.
Under the new partnership:
ICDE and DUO will promote the importance of online, open, distance, flexible and technology enhanced education; to encourage innovation and quality in online, open, distance, flexible and technology enhanced education; and support the development of new methodologies and technologies.
In the news:
With these objectives in mind, ICDE encourages their members to share your best practices, by emailing a quick summary of the innovation to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. In the near future, the Virtually Inspired website will include a contributions page with a simple form to fill out and submit.
ICDE World Conference
The World Conference on Online Learning: Transforming Lives and Society, hosted by Dublin City University, will convene in Dublin, Ireland November 3-7. The Call for Proposals in now open.